19 May 2007

Hello lampost, whatcha knowin'?



I took a long walk up and down Mission street today while the Subaru got an oil change. I had this saturated feeling of home and longing for more home. I love the noise, the mess, and the mix of The Mission.

I ducked into a Christian bookstore, wryly charmed by the self-righteous propaganda comic books and tear-sheets. I spent and hour in a cafe designing the critical path for a Burning-Man project I've got banging around in my head, and talked about potential career choices with my mechanic. I ended up at his place for dinner and gave his brother advice on his iPod accessories kiosk in Stonestown mall. And then got solid leads on potential design clients for myself.

Every day could look like this... it's my natural way of being.

No comments: